Here's what we've been working on.
November 11, 2021
- We've added the External Link report, that shows you all links from your site to other websites. Very useful if you want to quickly check if you're linking to a certain website. You find it in the Links section of the site report.
- In the Internal Link report, you can see all the pages and how many internal links they have pointing to them. A warning sign is shown for pages with zero internal links. From now on, that warning sign is no longer shown if the the page is no-indexed.
- In the Insights tab, you can now drill down on metrics like Engagement rate or Time on Site. This shows a graph with that metric, and how it evolved over time.
November 3, 2021
- When selecting a Google Search Console property, you can now also select a specific country. If you do so, we'll only get data specific for that country. If you're running a non-international website, selecting the country helps you get a much better idea of your overall rankings in that country.
- Insights Dashboard now includes the Content that needs attention report. This shows you pages that used to bring in a lot of traffic, but recently dropped in rankings and now get fewer traffic.
- The CTR curve report in SiteGuru Insights now also includes a date picker, so you can select a specific period to report on.
- We solved various issues related to sorting in the Insights reports. Sorting now works as you would expect.
- The Non-branded traffic report is now also available on the Insights Dashboard
- The indexability report used to show warnings for all pages that are not indexable. We've removed this warning for pages that are normally no-indexed, such as /cart, /wp-login.php, /search and more. You'll still see those as noindexed, but they will not trigger a warning.
October 18, 2021
- We've started experimenting with setting your crawl location. This is especially useful if your site uses geoblocking. By default, we will crawl your site from Ireland. Upon request, we can change that to the United States. Just shoot us an email.
- Various performance optimization, resulting in faster loading reports.
October 4, 2021
- The Non-branded report in SiteGuru Insights now lets you set the date range. We're planning to add this to more Insights report soon.
- We've made some changes to how we check the OG-tags on your site. In a few days, we'llnot just tell you that some OG-tags are missing, but also which ones.
- We're now detecing if your site has a language selector, and if so, we recommend you add hreflang-tags if you don't do so yet.
September 27, 2021
- Details about keywords, pagespeed and more now open on the side of your screen. Looks better, and gives more space.
- You can now contact us via Intercom. Just click the green text balloon at the bottom of your screen
- We've paid extra attention to the stability of our platform. As a result, your pagechecks will complete a bit faster.
- If you're having issues with crawling, you can now select the User Agent you want us to use to crawl your site. More info.
September 6, 2021
- You can change the weekly graphs in SiteGuru Insights to a daily view.
- We've worked on some technical changes to speed up crawling of your site,
- The page report now shows you where people using that page came from (organic, direct, CPC, etc.)
- We added some documentation about connecting your Google account.
August 30, 2021
- We've completely revamped the page report. We felt most of the valuable information was hidden behind the tabs. Now, it has all the info you need in one screen, with the option to dive deeper if needed. We've brought in more keyword and traffic related data as well.
- Some sitemaps (particularly when zipped) could not be opened, which meant we sometimes missed pages when crawling. That's fixed now.
- We wrote a little about how we crawl and check your site.
August 19, 2021
A very productive week! Here's what we did:
- SiteGuru Insights now connects to GA4, the new version of Google Analytics. If you're
using GA4 and were
unable to connect before, please try again. Some of the metrics are slightly different from Universal
Analytics, so instead of Time on Site and Bounce Rate, we now include Engagement Rate and Engatement
More about GA4
- Running an audit on a big site, but you're not interested in all the sections? You can now exlude
specific folders from the crawl. Imagine you want to crawl an entire site except for the
blog. Just add
/blog to list of excluded folders, and we'll skip that and everything in it. Add as much folders as you
More about excluding folders
- The timeline of your site now not only includes the latest changes, but also the Site Health Score over time, in a nice graph. This helps you see if your SEO work is paying off:)
- Various performance improvements, making the crawl and the link checks complete faster.
- I started to write some articles about how to use SiteGuru. I realize the tool has become quite
extensive. Although it should always be intuitive, some of the pro features may require some
explanation. I plan to add more articles about how you can use SiteGuru in your day to day work, for
example during site migrations, content optimizations, and more.
How to use SiteGuru (more to come)
August 10, 2021
We thought it would be a good idea to create a changelog. We're building a lot of stuff, and this seems like a good way to keep track of it.
- Added the changelog
July 30, 2021
- Ignore your no-index pages with one click, to ignore them in all reports.
- You can now customize their experience by adding your own logo. Go to whitelabel settings and select ‘Show own logo on top of page’.