Here's what we've been working on.
September 6, 2021
- You can change the weekly graphs in SiteGuru Insights to a daily view.
- We've worked on some technical changes to speed up crawling of your site,
- The page report now shows you where people using that page came from (organic, direct, CPC, etc.)
- We added some documentation about connecting your Google account.
August 30, 2021
- We've completely revamped the page report. We felt most of the valuable information was hidden behind the tabs. Now, it has all the info you need in one screen, with the option to dive deeper if needed. We've brought in more keyword and traffic related data as well.
- Some sitemaps (particularly when zipped) could not be opened, which meant we sometimes missed pages when crawling. That's fixed now.
- We wrote a little about how we crawl and check your site.
August 19, 2021
A very productive week! Here's what we did:
- SiteGuru Insights now connects to GA4, the new version of Google Analytics. If you're
using GA4 and were
unable to connect before, please try again. Some of the metrics are slightly different from Universal
Analytics, so instead of Time on Site and Bounce Rate, we now include Engagement Rate and Engatement
More about GA4
- Running an audit on a big site, but you're not interested in all the sections? You can now exlude
specific folders from the crawl. Imagine you want to crawl an entire site except for the
blog. Just add
/blog to list of excluded folders, and we'll skip that and everything in it. Add as much folders as you
More about excluding folders
- The timeline of your site now not only includes the latest changes, but also the Site Health Score over time, in a nice graph. This helps you see if your SEO work is paying off:)
- Various performance improvements, making the crawl and the link checks complete faster.
- I started to write some articles about how to use SiteGuru. I realize the tool has become quite
extensive. Although it should always be intuitive, some of the pro features may require some
explanation. I plan to add more articles about how you can use SiteGuru in your day to day work, for
example during site migrations, content optimizations, and more.
How to use SiteGuru (more to come)
August 10, 2021
We thought it would be a good idea to create a changelog. We're building a lot of stuff, and this seems like a good way to keep track of it.
- Added the changelog
July 30, 2021
- Ignore your no-index pages with one click, to ignore them in all reports.
- You can now customize their experience by adding your own logo. Go to whitelabel settings and select ‘Show own logo on top of page’.